- What causes dark circles under eyes?
If you’re struggling with dark circles, you’re not alone. There are various factors that contribute to their development — understanding all the different reasons will help you figure out the best method of treating those pesky dark circles:
– Fatigue. Sleep deprivation can lead to temporarily darker skin under the eyes
– Thin and translucent undereye skin which makes blood vessels appear more visible
– Loss of volume caused by skin ageing. Sagging eyelids create a shadow that looks like dark circles
– Excessive pigmentation in the undereye area which can be caused by both genetics and environmental factors
– Atopic dermatitis. It causes post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation which contributes to the appearance of dark circles
Bright eyes all year round
To brighten up your undereye area, try MÁDARA Smart Anti-Fatigue Eye Rescue Cream. Formulated with age-defying plant antioxidants, caffeine and aescin, the energising formula hydrates and softens fine lines, helping to reduce dark circles, puffiness and signs of fatigue.